Monday, September 19, 2005

At Least I Don't Have to Mow

Well, it is now late (11pm). It has been a crazy day. I did not get much of my ToDo list done in the office today. We were trying to update some pictures on the church web page and I had trouble getting our web software, Effective Site Studio, to work with me. It's awesome software, but sometimes it does just a little too much for you and does not give you enough control. Actually, I can only say this is true as much as I know how to use the software and I am definitely a novice. Point being, I spent most of my afternoon trying to re size just one photo!

But then Amanda and I came home for the evening. I cooked breakfast for dinner...bacon, fried potatoes and scrambled eggs. Amanda and I chowed down. Then we read (she read to me) for 30 minutes. After that, it was off to the grocery store. I think Brooke would have been proud of me. I planned on spending $30 and came away having spent just $31.63. (Brooke, you would be happy to know that Amanda took my usual role since I took yours...I went in with the list and she is the one who kept wanting to add other items to the cart that were not on THE LIST). We got home and Amanda jumped in the shower while I unpacked groceries, packed the dishwasher and cleaned up the dinner dishes. Amanda got herself dressed and all and then ate some grapes while keeping me company as I put the groceries away. We prayed and she went to bed. She asked me to play some music while she went to sleep, so I had to round up a CD player and some speakers for her room. By this time, it was after 9:00 PM. I had planned on giving Fluff Dog (a.k.a. Boo) a haircut tonight, but it was too late for that. I need to chill out.

So I got on the computer to chill out. Of course, before I could do that I had to update our church's online prayer chain and a few things like that. I planned to do that, post to the blog and then finish the last 20 pages of my book, but I got side-tracked visiting the Humanist News blog again. I was pleased to find a comment to my earlier comments. I may have found somebody to dialog with me re: my questions for Humanism. I have not heard from the guy bashing Bush for having a day of prayer for Katrina survivors, but I did get a respectful and well-thought-out reply at Humanist News.

And from there, I was again side-tracked to The Panda's Thumb blog. I spent quite a bit of time formulating a comment to an article mentioned there only to find out they use some sort of blacklist and my ISP somehow got on their list. What does that mean? It means I spent all this time coming up with a thoughtful comment and could not post it on their site! I e-mailed my comments to the site administrator and ask them to post it for me explaining the problem, but they probably won't happen. We'll see.

And so it is now 11pm and I still have to post Reason #3 (see previous blogs if you don't understand) before I read the last 20 pages of my book. In all my busyness today, I thought of one thing to be thankful for...it is so stinkin' hot right now that all the grass is dead. At least I don't have to mow! Where would I find the time?

- Rob

No comments: