Sunday, September 18, 2005

5 Reasons Why I Love Brooke - #2

Brooke is going out of town for a few days with her brother to visit the family in Alabama.  I never like it when Brooke is gone.  Rather than just mope, I thought I'd post five reasons (one for each day she is gone) why I love my wife.

Reason Number 2
I love you because you love people.  We all know I am not a natural "people person", and I'd probably be a miserable failure as a pastor if I did not have you.  You love people enough for 3 or 4 "normal" people I think.  Yes, sometimes I grumble when you cannot say "no" because you always want to help.  No, I don't always understand when you want to give a person "one more chance", but I do better understand God's unconditional love when I watch you.  Jesus loved to hang around people, and so do you.  I know when you get to heaven there are going to be a LOT of people wanting to tell you how much you meant to them and how many times you encouraged them with your bright, cheery smile.  And your acts of service will not go unrewarded either...maybe you'll get an extra somthin' because your husband always complained when you volunteered to help with one more thing!  And I don't know if I've ever said it before or not, but I PROUD of you when I watch you in your "element".  You ALWAYS smile at people and say something encouraging.  You are ALWAYS willing to help when needed and you ALWAYS want to give when you see a need.  I admire your heart for people, and even though I usually don't understand why you do it, I understand enough to know that I would be more like Jesus if I had a heart for people more like yours.  I love you and the way you love people!

- Rob

No comments: