Friday, September 01, 2006

What's Wrong With This Picture?

OK, I'm not poking fun at the way it looks, although it definitely isn't my color. But here's the deal: the headline for this story is "Turk Takes Isalam-Inspired Swimwear to Bathers". And here's what's wrong with this picture in my opinion: as a Chrsitian minister, if I try to discuss modesty an even mention the swimwear issue, I am in for a discussion as fun as butting my head up against a brick wall and having a cat scratch my eyes out (at least that's how much fun my last couple of discussions were...I've had more civil discussions with Humanists over displaying the Ten Commandments). It would seem (to me, based on my personal experience) that modesty is more important to many Muslims than it is to many Christians. What is wrong with this picture?

- Rob

No comments: