Wednesday, September 13, 2006

All Very Exciting Stuff

Had some "really exciting" things happen these past few day.

Monday - Needed to mow two of the fields at church. Got the riding lawn mower out. Short version...drained the brand new battery trying to start the thing. Don't know what is wrong, but this is the exact same problem we had before having it "fixed" at the beginning of the mowing season. It took 4 weeks to get the mower back, and it's still having problems. After much grief, I gave up and called my mechanic friend Michael who is going to look at it for me Friday evening.

Tuesday night - I purchased a new inner tube for my bike since Amanda and I are bike riding more now and I had flat. Got the old tube out with no problem. Went to put the new one in, loosened one screw and WHAMO! Everything popped off and now I cannot figure out how to get the chain tightening mechanism back on. Spent an hour trying to figure it out. After much grief, I gave up and messaged my friend Shaun who knows all things bicycle. He is going to pick it up for me and fix it.

Wednesday morning - Asked my friend (fellow associate pastor) to help me cut up and haul away the MASSIVE tree limbs that have fallen out the trees on the church property next to my house. Figured it was a four hour job. Oops...slight mis-calculation. Of course the chain saw threw the chain and put a couple burrs on it so that we needed to stop what we were doing to go buy another one. Back at it until lunch time.

Wednesday after lunch - Time to feed the turtles their every-other-day worms. New turtle, Grace O'Mally, at four worms. First time she has eaten since we got her, so that was a good thing. Also, she has been out of her shell enough now for us to tell that she is a Three-Toe Box Turtle (same kind as Grumpy).

Wenesday after lunch - Back at it cutting tree limbs and hauling it all to the back of the property. Stan and I finished up a little after 4pm...EXHAUSED! Sometime we realy need to cut down the rest of the tree since it is obviously rotten on the inside. I kinda hinted at this while Stan was helping, but I didn't push too hard today. Besides all the hard work, he had to fight off the killer gecko that jumped onto his face while he was giving a bear hug to one large log while unloading the trailer!

Wednesday night - Amanda sprained her ankle at church tonight. All very traumatic. A friend told her she did the same thing and got an x-ray, so guess what Amanda wanted. We finally settled on some Tylenol and went to bed. We'll have to see what happens tomorrow as far as school goes. Seems like it might be a pretty bad sprain.

So that's it. I know...all very exciting stuff. That's what I get for being me. (Don't get me wrong...I LIKE being me!)

- Rob

No comments: