Saturday, September 30, 2006

Pictures From The Air Show

We went to the Alliance Air Show today. It was nice going as a family, but I definitely have a few suggestions for them next year. I don't know if they can do anything to make getting in and out of there any easier, but that was definitely a hassle. I would definitely recommend more shaded areas (more on that below). And lastly, they did not allow you to bring food or drinks (even water). They had two water trucks there, so if you wanted to wait in a long line you could get warm water for free. Otherwise, it was $3.00 for bottled water and $3.50 for lemonade. They could have made a profit at $1/bottle on the water, and I think that should have been the price given the fact that you could not carry any in. BUT...after I dealt with these issues in my own grumpy way, the day was enjoyable. Here are a few photos:

Amanda in the cockpit of an army helicopter

Me standing by the tail gun of a WWII B-17 Flying Fortress


Amanda standing next to an AH-64 Apache


This is obviously some sort of radar plane, but I don't know what it's called. It has short wings, 4 tails and many blades to the prop. Very interesting plane.


I'm not just showing a little leg here...I'm showing what I most remember about the air show today! It was not too much fun in the sun, it was like fun in too much sun!! And this was just my legs!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LIKE THOSE SEXY LEGS BROTHER!!!!
I ENJOY READING YOUR BLOG ALL THE TIME!!

LOVE YA,
JILL

Anonymous said...

Rob that is a small AWAX radar plane used by the navy and air force. With it being a small plane it is ideal for air craft operations as well as getting into small areas of jungles where landing strips would be limited. Pretty cool what they can do with the extra props to give extra power per stroke, huh, stan