Monday, September 11, 2006

FREE Software I Like - Cell Phone Uploads

From time to time I find free software that I like, so I thought I share some of it here...so here's my first installment.

I got a new cell phone, but it would have cost $40 to get one with a camera and I'm not sure how much I would use it. But I like having pictures on my phone...wallpaper and pictures that pop up when certain people call. With my last cell phone, I used a great free program and it works for my new phone as well. All you have to do is crop a picture to the size of your phone and use this program to send an SMS text message to your cell phone. Simply read the message and download the picture. I know there are several free programs out there, but the web-based program I use is called Pix2fone.

The second free phone-related software I found allows you to convert any CD, MP3 or WAV file into a ringtone. Open the file in the program, crop the part you want to use and send it to your cell phone as a SMS text message. Simply read the message and download the ringer. I found a couple different programs that do this as well, but the one that worked best for me was ToneThis.

- Rob

1 comment:

Brad Irons said...

Excellent!!! I was just looking for things like this! Appreciate it very much, bro!