Sunday, September 10, 2006

We're Now at Three Turtles

Just this week I decided to change the "by-line" of our blog to "Three people, two dogs and two turtles", but tonight I had to make it "three turtles". Some friends from church asked us if we'd like to inherit another turtle (knowing we had two). What do you think I said? So we now have Grumpy O'Mally, Little George O'Mally and Grace O'Mally. Amanda "knows" this one is a girl, so she named her Grace. We had to keep the O'Mally since the other two turtles carry the name.

I think Grace is a West Coast Box Turtle. I know she's a box turtle, but I'm not positive about the West Coast part.

Well, before heading off to bed I've got to do some more research on hibernating turtles. Do it right and I've got three turtles next Spring. Do it wrong and I've got a crying daughter! With Fall coming, I'd better figure out when these guys (and not 'girl') need to dig in for the winter. Stay tuned!

- Rob

No comments: