Thursday, July 14, 2005

Even With a Few Ouchies

I played racquetball this morning...in my "new" racquetball shoes. If you scroll down a few posts, you will see an "adorable" picture of our Cocker Spaniel, Boo, next to her handywork. Yes, Boo ATE my good racquetball shoes, so I had to wear my regular tennis shoes to play. It seems my regular tennis shoes may be 1/2 size too small. I figured this out after I got a HUGE blister on my foot. Ouch!

But if you ask Amanda who had the biggest "ouchie" today, she would tell you it was her. When Brooke and Amanda went to Alabama for a visit about six weeks ago, Amanda got her ears pierced. We've been pretty faithful twisting and cleaning them for the first six weeks. Today it was time to take the original earrings out and put in something else (Amanda got a bunch of cute earrings when she got her ears pierced). Well, the earrings that were in her ears have TINY, LITTLE stones on them and when Brooke grabbed the stone so she could pull the back off of the earrings to take them off, the stone slipped out of her fingers and into Amanda's ear lobe! I'm trying not to give you a super-vivid mental picture, but Brooke almost took them off without having to take the back off. Anyway, once they were imbedded in the ear, it was obvious they had to come out, and Amanda did NOT like that part. I'm sure you've heard the phrase "blood curdling scream"...that is exactly what we heard. Yes, Amanda's ear bled a bit, but I think ours did too after hearing that!

The good news is the earring came out and the cute flower earrings went in with no problem and I should be able to walk on my foot without limping tomorrow. It was a good day...even with a few ouchies.

-Rob

No comments: