Thursday, May 17, 2007

A Rollercoaster of Emotions

Well, as you may have noticed, it's been a while since I've blogged. I've been busy! My best friend and roommate from college, Craig, came to visit week before last (picture above). I took 3 days off while he was here and I'm still trying to catch up. We had a GREAT time playing ping pong, racquetball, consuming more-than-healthy amounts of Krispy Kreme donuts, making our own Coach marathons recorded from USA Network and visiting the Stockyards in Ft. Worth. I really hope it is not another 4 years before we can get together again.

When Craig left, I had a number of projects to work on at church. And now I am preaching Sunday (the 20th). Somewhere along the way, I got into a "funk". I've been tired, not sleeping well, no racquetball, no blogging, stressed and grumpy a lot. No, it has not been a good thing. I think part of it is from getting behind from time off combined with being tired. I have also noticed when I am preparing to teach/preach, there is a spiritual attack. And like this past week, I don't always handle it like I should. So today, I've been asking the Lord to help me correct my poor/wrong attitudes and to persevere through Sunday. I am thankful to have the opportunity to teach and I LOVE it. There is something about creating an "Aha!" moment for people when they see something they did not see before. I love the process of the Lord dropping something in my heart, of studying the passage and sharing what I've found with people, but there is always a price to be paid. It often amazes me that God would use me in this process when I mishandle the opportunity so often, but I guess God would be hard-pressed if He had to find perfect people to do everything! That was a joke. I am thankful for God's more-than-abundant grace in my life. I am trying to learn from these experiences and learn how to pass along this grace to others. Again, it's a good thing God is patient and loving!

So please pray for me as I prepare for this Sunday. I'll post a link to the teaching after Sunday. The depth of wisdom in God's Word never ceases to amaze me.

One more hodgepodge item: I had finished a couple good books and was contemplating what to read next last month. Well, I ended up reading Three by Ted Dekker. Ok, I'm hooked! It was a great suspense novel. I will be taking Black with me on vacation to read after I finish my current book, The Azusa Street Revival, by Roberts Liardon.

Here's a few more pictures to catch you up from my blogging absence.

Brooke and Amanda all dressed up for the Mother/Daughter banquet at church.

My Mom, Brooke and Amanda

Amanda and friend Kodee


Amanda on the runway with friend Abigail

No comments: