Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Vacation Is Over

Well, vacation is now officially over, but the day was a good one. We got up and had a great breakfast of bacon, eggs and hash browns. We had some time to chill out after breakfast because, surprise, it rained!

Thankfully it rained a while but began to clear up as we cleaned up inside the trailer. When we were ready to hook up the camper and head out, it was all blue skies. We were able to get home, get the camper unpacked and cleaned out before it rained again.

I guess the one word that would best summarize this year's family vacation is...RAIN. But we are thankful to have had the camper. We did not get to be outside as much as we would have liked, but we were able to take a much-needed break and to spend some great time together as a family. We all have "If had not rained so much I would like to have..." stories, but we all agree it was a really good five days.

And so, in this last installment of vacation stories, I will post a few pictures we didn't want Stan to see (it was Stan and Caye's camper we borrowed). But since Stan reads my blog, all I can say is "We tried to keep the dogs off the furniture as much as possible, but they were just so dern cute! Plus, if it helps, I vacuumed everything thoroughly this afternoon."

Now who could look at that picture and now go "awww"?

I don't know what catches the attention more...the length of the tongue or the timing of the picture!

More doggie torture by Amanda.

The dogs are resting peacefully...I'm not sure what the child is doing.

No comments: