Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday

This was Sunday afternoon. Amanda spent Saturday night and Sunday morning with GeaMa (pronounced Gee-Ma) and PaPa D. I picked her up after lunch and we went to Boulder Park to find a few caches.

The cammo shirt was new and Amanda thought it would be appropriate for geocaching.

Three finds in this park and they were all ammo boxes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So that was Sunday afternoon. We only got three caches (we found 3 out of 4 we were looking for), but we had a great time just being together. Not two minutes after we got back to the car it started raining.

Monday
I've been trying to figure out what to do with the turtles since the weather finally seems (er...seemed) to be turning cool. Little George has been dug in for almost a week, so I figured he may be ready to hibernate. Grumpy has been hiding under the log pile and Grace has been hiding in the hole in one of the cinder blocks. Since it is getting down into the 40's at night, I dug a little hole for Grumpy and another one for Grace, put them in it and covered their shells with a shallow layer of dirt. Since Little George was already dug in, I covered him with a rug from the garage and then put a larger one over the area where George and Grace were placed under the log pile.

Well, the warm weather Sunday and rain/thunderstorms Sunday night brought the turtles back out. On Monday I picked up up their carpet pieces and hung them out to dry. Amanda and I made a trip to the pet store to buy some fresh grub in case they were hungry. By the time I got around to feeding them, Little George had dug back in, Grumpy did not want to eat and Grace ate two night crawlers! I hope they know what they are doing as far as hibernating for the winter goes because I sure don't!

Tuesday
I'm busy at church with all the normal stuff, plus I'm beginning to get ready for our first in-house pictorial directory. Right now, I'm just inputting data. This time around I will learn how to use the photo directory software we got as well as some new PDF software we need to get so that the directory can be secure online. I also hope to learn how to put all of this info into Microsoft Access. I took a beginning Access class a couple years ago, but I never did anything with what I learned, so I forgot most all of it. I'm taking off the entire week of Thanksgiving, so I hope to spend some time then reacquainting myself with Access.

And then tonight I went for a swim...figuratively. Imagine not knowing how to swim and deciding to wade into a 3 ft. deep fountain to practice swimming. Now imagine just jumping off the diving board into the deep end. And now imagine being thrown from a ship into the middle of the ocean, the Artic ocean...during a storm no less, to learn how to swim! That's what I felt like tonight as I gave Linux another shot. I've got Ubuntu loaded onto the computer and so I can surf the web and use the office suite, but that's about it. I can't get media to play and I certainly can't install anything I download from the Internet. I felt like I was trying to learn to swim in the middle of a storm in the Artic Ocean. I've had about all I can take for now, so I'll let that computer sit for a while and then give it another try this weekend or something.

Wednesday
Amanda has a CD called Crazy Praise. It's got all kids of great kids' praise songs. Amanda loves them and I love them. I've got one of the songs stuck in my head, so I'll must make it my theme song for the day - Someone Around You:

Someone around you needs to know God's love
Someone around you needs to know God's love
Take it upon yourself to show God's love
Someone around you needs to know God's love

1 comment:

Jason said...

Have you checked Barnes and Nobles for Linux For Dummies? heh heh j/k