Thursday, November 23, 2006

Better Off Just Feeding the Ducks

Here's a picture of me feeding the ducks at the park with Amanda today. It was better day for feeding ducks than it was for geocaching. Here's my log from our third DNF (Did Not Find) today:

OK, I'm starting to develop a complex trying to find your caches! But then it may not be your cache this time...it was just not a good day for me.

First of all, went to a lot of work to hide a very creative cache yesterday only to find out I hid it almost on top of an existing cache! My pocket queries did not show unknown cache types, so I did not know the cache was there. Thought I'd go ahead and log the cache that was there while removing my cache and could not find it. STRIKE ONE.

Anyway, once I checked unknown cache types, this cache came up. I've never done a puzzle cache, but thought I'd give it a try. (To be honest, I did hesitate because you have gotten the better of me a few times in the past!) But I looked at the puzzle and got the first part (the pictures) without too much trouble. Once I got to the posted location, GeoPunkin and I were totally lost on the decoding key. Saw nothing that would help us. I will keep this one the car and try again when we are there another time and I don't have such a defeatest attitude. :) STRIKE TWO.

Then I took GeoPunkin with me to try to find a third cache (not one of yours) that I could not find on my own earlier this week. STRIKE THREE!

So we fed some ducks and came home. Will have to try again later. Thanks for your caches...they certainly keep me humble!

Does that thing on his head mean he graduated with honors?

No comments: