Tuesday, August 22, 2006

What's Wrong With This Picture

Do you see anything wrong with this picture? Look toward the top of the tree...see that split? What you are looking at is not the bushy side of a tree, it is a branch that is supposed to be 15-20 feet off the ground. When I looked outside this morning, I saw the branch hanging down to the ground. This evening, I heard it rip a bit more and then this is what it looked like.

The thing is gonna have to come down so I can cut it up (wow, now THERE'S a fun job), but I'm not sure how to get it down. I suppose I could wait until it blows down, but I'm concerned it may fall on my fence which will undoubtedly crush it. The alternatives? I don't know...climb up in the tree, tie a rope around the limb and try to pull it off to the side with a pickup truck? I don't know.

For now I'm just gonna post this picture and ponder what to do next. If it falls and crushes the fence at least I will have learned one thing...I pondered for too long! Guess maybe I'll try to talk a friend into helping me tackle this thing on Thursday. (I don't want to mention any names here, but the friend I was referring works with me, has a white pickup and reads my blog. You available on Thursday, friend?)

- Rob

No comments: