Friday, August 25, 2006

I Love Your Word

Psalm 119:29-40, NLT

Keep me from lying to myself;
give me the privilege of knowing your law.

I have chosen to be faithful;
I have determined to live by your laws.

I cling to your decrees.
LORD, don't let me be put to shame!

If you will help me,
I will run to follow your commands.

Teach me, O LORD,
to follow every one of your principles.

Give me understanding and I will obey your law;
I will put it into practice with all my heart.

Make me walk along the path of your commands,
for that is where my happiness is found.

Give me an eagerness for your decrees;
do not inflict me with love for money!

Turn my eyes from worthless things,
and give me life through your word.

Reassure me of your promise,
which is for those who honor you.

Help me abandon my shameful ways;
your laws are all I want in life.

I long to obey your commandments!
Renew my life with your goodness.

No comments: