Monday, August 15, 2005

Giving Metimucil to my Dog

Well, it has been a while since I've posted, so I'll have to catch you up on the past several days.

Amanda, Brooke and I went to Amanda's school to meet her teacher for the year. We've been praying that she get a certain teacher, and we were thrilled to see that is who she got. Amanda was mostly excited that her best friend from last year is in her class once again. Amanda was very excited to start back to school.

Thursday night I had a meeting with our church Life Group leaders. It went well and was an encouraging time as leaders shared what was happening in their groups. I made a cherry cheese pie and lemon icebox pie to go along with the coffee for the meeting. (Note to self: next time make two lemon icebox pies and forget the cherry cheese pie. On the other hand, since less than half of it was gone, I actually got to bring some home. Scratch note to self.) Right after that was a meeting with the greeting team at church (ushers, greeters and the people who run the info booth). Pastor ran that meeting but I had notes, job descriptions and schedules to take care of. I was pretty tired by the time I got home.

Some friends had given us tickets to Hurricane Harbor water park, and so as an end-of-summer blowout, Brooke, Amanda and I headed to the park for a few hours. It was fun and nobody got sunburned to bad, so it was a good day. That evening, I went with dad to the races in Grand Prairie. The sprint cars were there again and it was a good race.

Saturday we slept in a bit, ran a few errands and then I spent the rest of day getting ready to Sunday.

Pastor and family are out of town, so I got to preach on Sunday. You can visit our church web page, and click on the "Sermons Online" link to listen to the message if you are so inclined. I shared a vision for Life Groups at the Vine. My parents came to church, as they usually do when I preach, and we went out to eat together afterwards (as we usually do). Then, to keep in the "as we usually do" pattern, I came home and took a nap, exhausted from the day. Silly me, I slept from 2:15pm to around 5:45pm, so when it was bedtime at 10:15pm, I could not sleep. An hour I got up. Instead of doing the smart thing and finding a book to read, I sat down and did some work on the church web page. I finished up what I was doing around 2:15am. Needless to say I did NOT get up at 5:15am to play racquetball this morning.

Amanda got up at 7:00am and got ready for the first day of school as a first grader. We all walked to school together and Amanda was ready to go. She walked into her class like a big girl, found her own locker and never looked back at Mom and Dad watching her from the classroom door. She is growing up way too fast for her Daddy! I keep trying to tell her she does not have my permission to grow up so fast, but she keeps doing it anyway.

And sometime between now and the last time I posted, we took Sully to the vet because of "stink problem" from his backside. To spare you the gross details, the doctor recommended Metimucil to "bulk him up" a bit and this would hopefully help clear up his problem. (If that doesn't make sense to you, I'm sorry, but I'm just remaining vague to spare you nasty details!). Anyway, he likes the orange flavor and it seemed to do it's job today. So that was one of the highlights of my week, Metimucil to my dog!


No comments: