Tuesday, August 02, 2005

2 Days, 23 Hours, 18 Minutes



Momma is gone to Nicaragua this week, so Daddy and Amanda have tried to find time to do a few special things. This was it for last night...ALL of Amanda Kay's animals got to sleep in bed with her. We haven't counted how many there are, but there a ton of little ones up at the top of the bed. Nine of them didn't make it through the night...they were on the floor this morning. But Amanda was happy and gets to do this one more night before putting them back in the big purple tub where they "live."

So to catch you up from where we left off. Sunday night, when Amanda went to bed I gave both dogs a badly needed haircut while I finished listening to The Shark Mutiny on CD. Got to the end, finally. It was a very good book. On Monday, Amanda went to VBS at a church around the corner from 9:00-11:30am. She cried when I left but quickly made friends and enjoyed herself. Through the day, her sore knee got better. Monday night, George came over for dinner and we grilled hamburgers. Good food and lots of fun hanging out with George. Today, Amanda went back to VBS and then our evening plans were changed. We were supposed to go over to somebody's house for dinner but they had family come in town unexpectedly. So, Amanda and I went swimming at the Kerr's, grabbed a bite at McDonald's and stopped by the movie store with the intent of renting one movie for Daddy. Well, I ended up renting two movies (good violent war movies to watch late at night by myself) and Amanda brought home Racing Stripes to keep.

We came home Amanda got a bath while I chatted with my parents on the phone. She's brushing her teeth and getting ready for bed while I blog for the night. I'm going to go pray with her and then start one of my movies.

We're getting by while Brooke is gone, but we can't wait for her to get home (I bought her a "welcome home" present today...gosh, I wonder where I put it?). According to our countdown clock, Mommy will be home in 2 days, 23 hours and 18 minutes (approximately).

-Rob

No comments: