Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Working...and Relaxing

At the church, we have one big wall and one small one made of railroad cross ties. The cross tie at the bottom of the small wall split out, so it had to be replaced. Chad (on the left) came to help me out. Had it not been for Chad (and his tools!), I would still be working on that wall and I'm pretty sure it would have collapsed a week or so after I finished.

Here's a picture of the three of us (Chad, Rob, Chris) and our proud accomplishment. If you click on the picture to enlarge, you will see that my eyes are closed. I'm not sure if I just blinked at the wrong time or if I was just miserable from the sunburn I got! Thank you Chad and Chris for your help.

On Sunday afternoon I did a little solo geocaching. It has been WAY too long since I've been out, and I really enjoyed myself. Here's a picture of me at one cache...I labeled the picture "No partial commitment here" because I saw the tree where the cache was right off. And then I surveyed the LUSCIOUS growth around it and tried to calculate what kind of "crawl into the middle of that stuff" commitment it would take to get to the cache. As you can see from the foliage around me, there was no partial commitment here.


Saturday night we went to a friend's house and cooked out with some friends. Had a great time.


Normally I would not have posted a picture like this on my blog (in case somebody didn't like the way they looked in the picture), but since Meagan (the one in the pretty blue goggles) threatened me, I had to go ahead a do it.


I thought this was going to be the "special" family picture of the night...


...until I saw this one! Yes, this is the woman I married and am still deeply in love with!


And this was my favorite picture from the night.

If I do not post anything new for a few days you'll know it's because I'm having to lay low after posting a couple of these pictures!

No comments: