Friday, August 10, 2007

Chatting with the Humansists

If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know that I occasionally posted conversations I have had with staff bloggers on the Humanist News web site. It was not until last week that I realized I have not had anything new from them show up in my Google Reader feed for their blog, so I went to check it out. They "updated" their blog, and it is now called Rant and Reason (very clever name).

What made me think about them was a Fox News article I read entitled San Diego Firefighters File Complaint for Being Forced to Attend Gay Pride Parade. I went to the new Rant and Rave web site, looked up the email address for one of the staff bloggers I had conversed with before and sent this this email:

Hey Maggie,

Rob here...I'm the Christian that visits your site from time to time (been a while now) and comments. I'm writing to you rather than some of the other "newer" folks 'cause I thought you might remember me.

Anyway, here is a news story I would be interested to hear somebody's take on there. Don't know if anybody will blog it or not, but thought I'd send it your way anyway.

San Diego Firefighters File Complaint for Being Forced to Attend Gay Pride Parade

I think I have a pretty good idea what you guys would say if a firefighter were forced to attend a "religious" parade but was hoping to hear some thoughts on this one.

Does Fred not blog anymore?

Have a good week,
Rob

To which she replied:

Hi Rob,

Great article! I’ll definitely blog on it, since I myself haven’t found much to blog about this week. And you’re absolutely right: as I would never want anyone to be forced to attend a “religious” parade, nor should anyone be forced to attend a gay pride parade.

Fred indeed no longer blogs … his work keeps him pretty busy and we needed to have writers who could dedicate at least one blog entry a week.

Thanks! -Maggie

You can read her blog posting here. Be sure to read the comment section as well. I haven't posted a comment yet. I just replied to a different post yesterday and I suggested the material for this post, so don't know if I will or not, but I thought it was all an interesting read anyway. Being "logical" is very important to these people and I often point out when I feel they are not being consistent when it comes to Christian matters, so I had to point this one out. At least Maggie is being consistent.

No comments: