Monday, August 13, 2007

Date Night With Daddy

Friday night Brooke went "out with the girls" so Amanda and I had a daddy/daughter date night. As you can tell from this picture of us at the Olive Garden, we were a bit more casual than last time. We had to start out with Olive Garden because Amanda is now hooked on Chicken Alfredo. They did not have Chicken Alfredo on the kids menu, so Amanda got Fettuccine Alfredo, I ordered the Chicken Alfredo and we shared the chicken.

We spent the night at my parents house. They were gone camping, so it was just me, Amanda, 4 dogs, 10 or so cats and I don't know how many birds.

These birds we found at the local park, not in the house! These ducks (and about 7 more) went through a whole loaf of bread.


As soon as I told Amanda we would be going to my parents' house, she told me she wanted me to play cars with her. This is a bucket of cars, trucks, motorcycles and airplanes I had when I was a kid, so we played together on Saturday morning.


When we got up Saturday morning, Amanda wanted to play the keyboard in "her" room at my parents' houses. She does not know how to play the keyboard, but it has background music, various instrument settings, etc. I am not a keyboard player or much of a musician, but I know how to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Ba Ba Black Sheep and the ABC song on the keyboard. Before you get too impressed, think about it...all three can be sung to the same melody. Anyway, I taught Amanda how to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Unfortunately, the camera battery died before she finished the whole song! But you can click on the picture above to see/hear a video clip of her playing. We learned the song, shot the video and packed up to head home to see Momma.

No comments: