Friday, June 08, 2007

Glad I Mowed Last Night

The weather said there was a chance of rain today, so I mowed last night. I'm glad I did because I've been able to relax and not have to worry about much today. It's been a little over two months since I've been geocaching and I finally got back out today. It was pretty warm and the mosquitoes were out in force, but it was great! Amanda took this picture of me at the first cache of the day.


GeoPunkin did just one cache with me today. Brooke went along and read a book at the park while Amanda played and I geocached. This first one was called "Cross-A-Doodle-Doo" because the cache was found between this cross and a little "farm" that had roosters (which we heard). Amanda crawled back in the wooded are with me (see picture above) to find the cache and take a picture. When she did, she was SWARMED with mosquitoes. She snapped the picture and then literally RAN out of the woods.

Last cache picture. This was a red plastic coffee can (wrapped in cammo tape) hidden in an evergreen tree.

The Military Channel
We got DISH Network a couple months ago. The 100 channels plan we got what quite an upgrade from our USDTV plan we had, but we did not go with the big 250 channel plan. I mention that to say that we do NOT get the Military Channel which bums me out 'cause they have lots of great shows. But the good news is, DISH previews various channels each month. Our first month, we got a preview of Animal Planet all month. Well, guess what one of the preview channels is this month? You guessed it...the Military Channel! So now I'm watching shows like "Anatomy of the F-18", "Untold Stories of the Navy Seals" and "Firepower". I am liking it!

So that's what I've been doing today...watching recorded shows from the Military Channel, geocaching, sleeping late (slept until 9am this morning) and chillin' with the fam. Oh yes, also talked to my friend Stan who is coming home after being in the hospital since Sunday evening. It's bee a good day.

Now we're off to hang some door hangers advertising VBS coming up week after next, then I'm coming home, sitting down with my Diet Coke and reading some more Black by Ted Dekker. Suppose I'll have to think a little more about church Work Day tomorrow. Can't get in touch with one guy who is supposed to bring a big trailer that I need, another just called to say he can't make it and it might rain. Oh well, guess we'll take care of most of that tomorrow, but I'm glad I mowed last night so I could relax today.

No comments: