Saturday, April 29, 2006

That Was Enough Motivation For Me

In a previous post, I mentioned a silly little mistake I made. It was a $39.50 "little mistake". Thanks in part to Texas changing the look of both their inspection sticker and registration sticker since last year, in part to being in a hurry to get Brooke out for our date night and in part (ok, MOSTLY) to my own lack of attention, I peeled off the wrong sticker when I went to put on my new vehicle registration sticker. I found out it was going to cost me $40 to 'fix' my mistake, so I've been procrastinating a bit. Who wants to spend money on the same thing twice?

While I am not motivated to pay for the same thing (a vehicle safety inspection) twice, I am motivated not to get a ticket for not having a current sticker on my car. Last night, Amanda and I were geocaching at a park and in a matter of 10 minutes found ourselves surrounded by 14 police cars! I eventually figured out that they were setting up for a license/registration/insurance inspection traffic stop. That's where they stop every single vehicle and check to make sure all of your "car stuff" is up to date. Guess who's inspection sticker was not up to date!? I decided that might be a good time to leave the park. It seems this was a good choice. When we drove by 5 minutes later the park was blocked off so that everybody leaving the park had to stop on their way out.

So that was enough motivation for me...I got my car reinspected today.

- Rob

No comments: