Saturday, April 01, 2006

Date Night With the Love of My Life

Yesterday was March 31st, but it was Valentine's Day for me and my sweetheart. Brooke wanted tickets to see Phantom of the Opera for Valentine's Day, so that is what I got her. The show was last night.

Our date started right after Amanda got out of school. No, Amanda did not go on our Valentine's date. We took her to my parents where she spent the night, came back to Arlington, got dressed up and headed out. We went to Spaghetti Warehouse for dinner and then drove to Dallas to see the Phantom.

Brooke has been VERY excited about this and I have been supportive but not exactly looking forward to it. I enjoyed the musical much more than I anticipated, but the best part was spending time with Brooke. We don't get to have date nights often enough. We've had a very busy week with the missions conference and having company, so this was a perfect way to end the week...just the two of us relaxing together.

Phantom of the Opera was good and I enjoyed seeing how excited Brooke was about it, but the best part was a much needed date night. Brookie, I love you and you are truly the love of my life.

- Rob

2 comments:

Dawn Irons, Ph.D, LPC-S said...

aaahhh...you guys are just SAPPY!

You know, I'm really bummed now that you have ruined my my "date day" of ever geocaching with Brad.

You're a mean man, Mr Grinch (Rob)!

Anonymous said...

I will not soon forget our night and the memories will last a lifetime! Thank you my moon god!!
I love you with all my heart and soul!!