Sunday, April 30, 2006

Hodgepodge

Yesterday, Amanda and I hid her first cache at a park near the house. Today, we got an e-mail alert that a new cache was hidden about 160 feet from where we hid our cache. We tried to be the first to find this new cache today, but we could not find it...neither could anybody else who looked for it! The real bummer is, we will have to move our cache because it did not get approved due to the close proximity to this other new (now missing?) one. The other person submitted his cache yesterday as well, but his went through first so he got the spot. Oh well...we'll just move GeoPunkin's first hide. But after that, we went on to find 8 more cachces today...a one day record for seekhim17 & GeoPunkin. We were tired afterwards, but we had fun. Our stats, as of today, are shown here.

This is going to be a busy week. Next Saturday is my first work day since I've taken over as administrator. I've got lots of guys coming so we should get lots done...just hope I have enough jobs ready to go for everybody to work 3 hours. Wow...20 guys x 3 hours = 60 man hours! That's a lot of work!!

And then we are going to be starting a 'special campaign' with our Life Groups starting next week. I'm excited about what we are doing, but I didn't think we'd be doing it or else I would have started weeks ago! This week, I've got to order curriculum, talk to potential new leaders, do up a bulletin announcement about it and put all the info on the web page. Great stuff...just lots to do.

Well, I was going to blog, pay bills and then work on this new campaign stuff, but I've got the first one done and now I'm outta gas. Gonna spell check this, start my computer backups for the night and hope to get enough sleep to go at it full throttle all day tomorrow. Will probably be a tiring week, but it should be fun. I get to organize a big work day (I LOVE to organize stuff) and promote a campaign I am 100% behind (I meant I support it, but I am a bit behind schedule-wise, too!). Busy week!

- Rob

No comments: