Saturday, April 01, 2006

My Mafia Name

Uncle Rob 'the Butcher'...that is my new Mafia name. I made a trade with a friend and that's how I became Uncle Rob 'the Butcher' today. My friend Stan and I swapped GPS units (his was nicer than mine), and part of the trade included my saving him some money by cutting his dogs' hair today. I reminded him that our dog Sully's nickname is "chemo dog" because that is what Brooke calls him after I get done giving him a hair cut.

So today, I butchered Mitizi (a Benji dog I think...shaped like a large loaf of bread) and Sam (a real sweet heart). Neither dog liked "Uncle Rob" very much after I gave them their "new look". Mitizi has this "eye thing" going on where part of her eye squishes out next to the eyeball. It's not all that cute, but it sure looks pitiful when she looks at you as if to say, "I never knew you were going to THIS to me. You are a very mean man". This was the first time Mitzi did not make a bee line for the corner behind the coffee table and hide there the whole time. That lasted only until I began my "work". After that, she would not even come out when I called her. In fact, I had to leave the room before she would come when her Daddy called her!

And then there is happy-go-lucky Sam. He was happy-go-lucky until I began my work on him. We took a break part way through. When we were ready to begin Act II, I literally had to drag him back to the clippers. Fortunately, as his Momma says, give him a little attention and all is forgiven. Before they left, Sam liked me again.

- Rob
a.k.a. Uncle Rob 'the Butcher'

No comments: