Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A Bit of Humor

I'm sure this one came off the Internet somewhere (I think I've even seen it before), but I was reading "Healthy Home News" put out by the First Class Cleaning and found this again. Hey, don't laugh...last time I read their newsletter I won two free movie tickets. Anyway.

10 Things We Can Learn From Movies, Part 2 (I missed part 1 last month)
  1. Any person waking from a nightmare will sit bolt upright and pant
  2. One man shooting at 20 men has a better chance of killing them all than 20 men firing at one
  3. Creepy music coming from a graveyard should always be closely investigated
  4. During an emotional confrontation, instead of facing the person you are speaking to, it is customary to stand behind them and talk to their back
  5. When you turn out the light to go to bed, everything in your room will still be clearly visible, just slightly bluish
  6. When they are alone, all foreigners prefer to speak English to each other
  7. Having a job of any kind will make all father forget their son's eighth birthday
  8. Many musical instruments can be played without moving fingers
  9. All bombs are fitted with electronic timing devices with large red readouts so you know exactly when they're going to go off
  10. A detective can only solve a case once he has been suspended from duty
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This next one was forwarded to me from my friend Stan.

Tough Love Vs. Spanking

Most of America's populace thinks it very improper to spank children, so I have tried other methods to control our kids when they have one of "those moments".

One that I found very effective is for me to just take the child for a car ride and talk.
They usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our little car ride together.

I've included the photo below of one of my sessions, with my son, in case you would like to use the technique.

It's very effective!





1 comment:

Dawn Irons, Ph.D, LPC-S said...

hehehe...who do you think would be the first to respond if this photo were to show up in a church Parenting Class manual? LOL!! The ACLU...CPS...??

Oh wait! I get it...the same people who will show up if we SPANK them! LOL!!

I guess now we have to resort to taking the Lil'darlings into the "prayer closet" and close the door and REALLY introduce them to some hand-to-butt discipleship!

Yet those same folks dont care that we strap them into motorized or free falling contraptions with little more than a lap belt at Six Flags...Hhhmmmm...


The next thing you know some state official will show up at the next Baptism service saying we are engaging in "some barbaric water torture to force behavior changes in children"...

After all, I have suggested on more than one occasion that we ought to hold one of the Lil' Darlings under the water until they REALLY repented...but I was only joking!

Surely this is all covered in one of those "How You Too Can Sue a Church" books, right!!??!!

Thanks for the laugh!
Dawn