Monday, June 20, 2005

Poor Sully

Sully, our 2 1/2 year old Terrier/Schnauzer mix is having a rough week. Some friends of ours are out of town and we are keeping their dogs (but I already mentioned that, didn't I). Anyway, this is the second time the other two dogs have come over since we got Sully, but it is really hard on him this time. In our house, Boo is the Alpha Dog (she is female, but she definitely runs the roost). Sully has learned to deal with that and is OK about it, but he seems to feel threatened by the other two dogs now...especially the male. Sam, the visiting male dog, is a sweetheart and has done nothing to Sully, but somehow Sully feels his place in the family or the pecking order is threatened. I've never seen little Sully (I call him my "little man" because he doesn't weigh much) walk around with his chest puffed out like he has these past two days. I guess he's trying show Sam who is the man of the house. Yesterday Sully almost tried to pick a fight with Sam. Sam didn't put up with it, but he was still nice (considering he's 3-4 times Sully's size). They're getting along ok now, but Sully puts on a pitiful face any time I pet Sam or give him attention. Guess Sully will either get over it or be very glad when Sam goes home.

No comments: