Sunday, June 19, 2005

The Fam is Home!

Friday was a GOOD day. Boo, Sully and I got up at 5:15 AM. I hit the shower while the doggies at some breakfast. By 6:00 AM, we were ready to head out to Vicksburg, MS. Vicksburg is that half way between Arlington and Decatur, AL where Brooke's family lives. It was finally time for Brooke and Amanda to come back home and the three of us still in Arlington were very excited to go get them. The trip was pretty uneventful. I listened to "The Shark Mutiny" on CD while driving (still not finished with's the unabridged version) and the doggies rotated sitting on my lap. It got very interesting when they both decided they needed to sit on my lap at the same time. In Louisiana, we stopped for the dogs to stretch their legs and answer nature's call while I also walked around trying to wake up. When we leave at 6 AM, I hit a wall around 9 AM and get very sleepy. We got back in the car, I cranked up Petra on the stereo for a while to wake up and we traveled on. I got back to "The Shark Mutiny" before we got to Vicksburg, but I still didn't get it finished. All the way there I kept checking in with Brooke on the cell phone. Our timing was just about perfect. I had pulled into the gas station where we agreed to meet and was just backing into a parking place with Brooke, Amanda and Brooke's Dad pulled in. We piled Brooke and Amanda into the car, hugged Dad goodbye and six hours later were at home. Dad, as he is prone to do, decided to take the "scenic route" home. After getting lost and after getting stuck at the scene of an accident, he got home about 8 hours later!

We were home just over an hour when some friends who were going out of town dropped off their dogs for the week. They've got two dogs, so with our two, we've got 4 this week. We've kept their dogs before and they have kept ours, so it works out pretty well. It's been an interesting weekend with the new had diarrhea on Friday night and left nice "presents" in Amanda's room. The other got hit with it today. Bless her heart, first I had to hose her off outside and then give her a bath. Hopefully we are all over that now and hopefully our two dogs won't get whatever that mess was!


No comments: