Thursday, March 20, 2008

THURSDAY

Yep, it's the dogs. Up at 7:40am this morning. Everybody is just getting back from the shower house, so our camper smells like Pine Sol. It's warmed up enough to open all the windows in the camper, so it should air out soon. Don't know what the plans are for day, but they don't include going into the office and that is good enough for me. If I could just check my email, that would make me really happy!

We've quickly figured out that you can't camp without Wal-Mart, and we stopped by again today to buy the rest of our food for the week. During breakfast we watched home movies on the DVD player and decided they were priceless...so we stopped by Circuit City and bought a cheap video camera. Definitely an impulse buy, but the more home videos we watch from years ago, the better I feel about it. I'm still taking hundreds of pictures with my digital camera but there's just too many "precious moments" not to have a video camera as Amanda is growing up.


We had microwave TV dinners for dinner, and then Amanda and I went for a walk. We were walking near the lake in a flooded area when Amanda said, "Daddy, there's an aligator!" I knew there was no aligator, but I was surprised that she did indeed see something...a beaver. We watched the alligator/beaver swim until something scared it, it made a big splash with it's tail and then disappeared under water.


Brooke drove the car to pick us up down by the lake so we could watch LOST. While I was watching LOST, Brooke hid some glow in the dark Easter eggs she picked up (at Wal-Mart, where else?). Amanda and Brian had a blast finding all but the last, elusive egg. Brooke joined them in the hunt and, as of yet, it is still missing!

Glow-in-the-Dark Easter Egg Hunt

All was going fine until Amanda stepped on a thorn tht went into her shoe and broke off in her foot. We borrowed tweasers and a needle from the Barkers and went to work on Amanda's foot. It did not take long for Amanda to scream in agony (she is such a drama queen!!!) and she finally took the needle and dug the thing out herself.


The Thorn

That was about all the excitement we could handle for the night. Amanda went to bed, Brooke said up a little longer doing word search puzzles and I turned in a while after that trying to finish off book #2 for the week.

No comments: