Tuesday, June 27, 2006

How Else Do I Say It?

To say I was frustrated would be an under- statement when I read that the needed Senate vote fell one short today to pass a Constitutional ammendment to ban flag desecration. You can read about it here. I thank God that we have the First Ammendment protection of free speech, but when that ammendment is used to attack the government that guarantees this freedom...how does that make sense?

Somehow people have come to believe that we have to be so open-minded that we accept anything. We cannot judge something as wrong anymore because, after all, who am I to tell you that something you are doing is wrong? And now our country is so "open minded" in areas like immigration policy, gay 'rights' and free speech that we are allowing things that are harmful to our country.

It's like doing drugs: just because you can do it doesn't make it a good idea. We need to ask ourselves, "should America fight for the right of the individual to her collective hurt?" How else do I say it? We are becomming so "open-minded" that our brains are falling out!

- Rob

No comments: