Sunday, May 14, 2006

What a Great Weekend

Wow, this weekend almost felt like being on vacation...it was just plain great!

Thursday night the staff and advisory team celebrated Pastor David's 57th birthday. We all went in to buy him a suit for his 'tropical paradise' trip later this year. I also got to tell him about the cache I placed in his honor for his birthday.

Friday, I got up early and took my friend Mickey to the airport. Didn't get to spend a lot of time with him, but I was glad for the time we had to hang out traveling from the airport to Arlington, Wednesday night at Life Group and Friday on the way to the airport. After that, I came home an mowed the lawn. I am NOT a lawn person and this is not something I normally enjoy doing. However, Friday the weather was so beautiful! I took my Dell DJ with me, played some Oak Ridge Boys and Beach Boys while mowing. The fun music and nice weather made for a great time being outside.

On Saturday, I went with Brooke and Amanda to Club Libby Lu where Amanda got a makeover for the Mother/Daughter banquet at the church. {More pictures HERE..click the Libby Lu album). Amanda had a great time and looked so cute (this, coming from her unbiased father, of course). I asked Brooke what she wanted for Mother's Day and she said she wanted Amanda to get the makeover since this was the first year she could attend the Mother/Daughter Banquet. (If you're thinking I'm a total loser for not getting Brooke something just for her, I did get her a dozen red roses while she and Amanda were at the banquet). After that, I went to the Dillard's outlet at Six Flags mall and got a nice suit for $95 on sale ($295 original price, 50% for a tagged price of $147.50 then take off an additional 40%). I was able to do this because of some birthday money I had left. I am officiating a wedding on June 2nd, so I needed a new suit.

Today (Sunday), we headed out to Cedar Hill State Park where my parents are camping for the weekend. We ate lunch with them and Mom her Mother's Day card and told her about the cache that I hid in here honor. After that, Dad, Amanda and I headed out to find a few geocahces (Dad's first). Amanda was proud of herself for finding all three of the caches. After that, I took Amanda to the lake to for a swim in the COLD water. She swam, I did not! Then it was back to the camper with Ge-Ma and PaPa D for smores. We headed home around 7:00 PM, Amanda got a shower and then did most all of her homework for the week by herself. She just got excited about getting it done and did a great job.

So I'm worn out from this great weekend. I'm gonna post some pictures here and then head to busy. What a great weekend!

The 'beautification process' begins


DeShawn at work


My princess


My queen and princess


Geocaching with PaPa D


Smores with Ge-Ma

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are the KING! I love being your queen. Thank you for sharing with the world how GREAT of a family we have!