Saturday, April 28, 2007

Lessons on Love From Today's Journaling

Lord, do You never tire of waiting for me to come and spend time with You? It almost seems like the epitome of arrogance to think You would want to spend time with me, to spend intimate time with me, when I seem to do little more than "check in with You" from time to time. That is not my heart, and I ask you to forgive me.

Rob, you will never understand the depth of my love for you. You have been given a measure of my love, but you could not contain the love that I have. My love for you, my love for broken people, my love for the lost and even my love for those who despise and hate me. And that is why it is so important that you never quit growing in love...love for Me, love for your brothers and sisters in Christ, love towards those who do dumb things and cause their own problems and a genuine love for the lost. Your lesson for today is LOVE.

{So I turned to I Corinthians 13 in the NET Bible and wrote what came to mind as I read concerning love}
  • Love is ultimately patient
  • Love is ultimately kind
  • Love is never envious of anything
  • Love does not make oneself better than others
  • Love always responds with grace (is not rude)
  • Love serves others, not self
  • Love does not become angry easily and does not pout
  • Love puts up with a LOT of stuff (all things)
  • Love always sees/believes the best in people
  • Love trusts God at all times
  • Love never gives up no matter how difficult the trial

No comments: