Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A Comedy of Errors

Man, it's late and I'm tired, but today was just too funny not to share:
  • Got to work today and the Internet was down (actually went down yesterday). I am the 'network guy' at the church which is a joke since I really know nothing about networking. I called ATT and got the modem/connection working. Then the router was not giving us Internet even though the green light said it should. Short version: worked on this from 8:15am to 3:30pm (including working through half of lunch). After I got back from buying a new router, was told the problem "fixed itself" and we had Internet again...who knows why!
  • At 4:40pm, got an e-mail that a new geocache had been posted. Being the FTF (first to find) is kinda a big deal. Since I worked through most of my lunch, I thought about leaving early and trying to be FTF just to relax. Only left about 10 minutes early arriving at the cache site about 40 minutes after the cache had been listed. Short version: SECOND to find!
  • Amanda went to Six Flags today for a friend's birthday party (she rode real roller coasters for the first time!). I was supposed to pick her up in Grand Prairie at 9:30pm. I decided to leave around 7:15pm and cache my way there. Short version: a little over two hours and only 3 caches to show for it! Short version: lots of goofy stuff happened.
  • Got home and got {exhausted} Amanda to bed. Brooke's computer quit booting yesterday, so I've had to reinstall Windows. Tonight, spent another 2 hours trying to install wireless network card. Scoured the Internet only to find that drivers are outdated, Belkin does not offer meaningful support and LOTS of people have had the same problems I have had. Short version: don't EVER buy a Belkin wireless network card.
  • Oh yeah, almost forgot. Called dentist to make appointment for tomorrow. I have a crown on one of my front teeth. Started wiggling today. Trying to get in before it falls out! Short version: it's 'cute' to be missing front teeth at Amanda's age, but not at mine.
Brooke called me this afternoon, and that was my favorite part of the day. Miss her lots.

Overall, it was not a bad day. More a comedy of errors.

- Rob

No comments: