Friday, April 08, 2022

What is one of your favorite drinks?

 From my Storyworth collection

I suppose the question is supposed to be for those who like alcoholic drinks, but that’s not me. I have tried a couple drinks since being an adult, but to me, the alcohol ruins the taste of whatever it is in.

Funny story: the first time I ever tasted alcohol was on our honeymoon. Our trip to Puerto Vallarta was an all-expense paid trip (meals were paid for as well as drinks). Since we were in an area that had a lot of good fruit drinks, and since I was not drinker, I ordered virgin fruit drinks. They had something with mango in it that was pretty good, and I also liked pina coladas and banana daiquiris. I got one banana daiquiri and I kept telling Brooke, “Wow, the bananas they used must have been REALLY green.” After saying that 3-4 times (and not really enjoying my drink), Brooke took a sip and informed me it was not a virgin drink. The “green banana” taste I did not like was the alcohol!

My beverage of choice as an adult has usually been some variation of Diet Coke :)

No comments: