Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Mower Shed Repair

Our church mower shed was built more than 20 years ago and has held up very well...up until last year. Last year the weather caught up with our shed (and with several of our buildings at church). I'm not much of a carpenter, so I put out a call for somebody take on this project, but when nobody responded, I called my Dad. Dad is great at this kind of stuff and was willing to help, so he came to the church on Monday.

This is just one example of the weather damage. This is the side of the shed and a piece of trim that goes along the bottom of the building.


We got one side replaced, the back, the front, and here we are trying to get the door on before the rain.


And here's a picture of the mess we were rushing to clean when the rain started. We still have to replace one side, remount the doors (they are on, but they need some work still), the trim that goes around the top shingles and the trim that goes along the bottom of the building. Of course, there is caulking and painting to do as well.

Dad is coming back out sometime next week to help me get the project finished. Since carpentry is not one of my gifitings, I was hoping somebody would take care of this project for me. That did not happen, but because of it, I've been able to spend some quality time with my Dad, and that's better than finding somebody else to do the job.

No comments: