Monday, July 07, 2008

Humor in Real Life

Amanda and I went for a motorcycle ride tonight out to Venus, TX and back. On the way home, we took the back roads to stay off the highway. When we were about 3/4 of the way home, I got adventuresome and tried a new way through the country. We were in the Mansfield/Rendon area, and I often ride around out there, get "lost" and drive around until I find a road or landmark that is familiar. Tonight, it took a little longer than usual to find something familiar.

Finally I started recognizing some road names (no longer CR 2403 or some other such name) and, although I did not know exactly where I was, I knew I was heading in the right direction to get home. Since it was after 9pm, I pulled off the road and called Brooke so she would not worry about us.

"Hey", I said. "We're kinda lost. I don't really know exactly where we are right now, but I do know we're heading in the right direction. I will call you again if we are not going to be home by 9:30."

"Are you OK?" replied Brooke. "Do you want me to come get you?"

Come get us? I laughed about that most of the way home. First of all, what good would it do to "come get us"? And secondly, if I don't know where we are, how can she come get us? I know...it's the thought that counts.

No comments: