Friday, February 09, 2007

Our Big Date

Well, we've been talking about it most all week. Friday finally rolled around and Amanda and I went out for our first Daddy/daughter date. Here we are, all dressed up and ready to go out. She didn't quite understand the lessons I'm trying to teach her about how a boy should treat her when she's old enough to be thinking about real dates, but she definitely got the part about being important to and loved by Daddy. Amanda's first love language is physical touch, but I think quality times comes in second and is becoming more important to her.


Amanda wanted to get dressed up, so we did. She knew we were going to Cotton Patch to eat (so she could use her coupon). Here we are at Cotton Patch in Mansfield. What she didn't know was that I planned on taking her to see Night in the Museum afterwards. She asked if we could go to the mall, so I said, "Yes, we can go to the mall, but I want to take you to a different mall. And I have a special place I want to take your first." Fortunately, the Cinemark Theater at Six Flags Mall does not look much like a theater from the outside, so I was able to surprise her. She was excited since she had mentioned wanting to see this movie. We got home around 9:30pm after a great evening together.

We don't like it when Mommy is out of town, but this is definitely something we will do again when she is. It makes Amanda feel special, it is a joy for me, and it will give her a standard to use one day in the future when younger guys want to take her out on a date.

No comments: