Monday, February 05, 2007

Dressin' Up for my Date

My wife is going to be out of town this weekend, I'm not going with her and I've got a date on Friday night with a girl who has caught my eye. Does that sound bad?

I guess for some people, that might not sound bad (shame on you!). But for the rest of us, let me explain. When Amanda and I went geocaching this past Saturday, she traded items at a cache and got a coupon for a free kids meal at Cotton Patch restaurant. She has been anxious to use the coupon, so last night I told her I would take her out on a date Friday night while Momma was gone, and we would go to Cotton Patch.

Well, we were talking about this on the way to school this morning. I reminded Amanda about our date and she asked me if we could dress up. I told her I thought casual would be more fun, but she disagreed. She then told me I needed to ask Brooke to get her (Amanda's) "hair stuff" down from the top shelf of her closet. I reminded her that Mommy would not be here Friday night and I wasn't real good with hair. "That's OK, I can do it myself" she told me, undaunted. So I guess I'll be dressin' up for my date. Check back here for pictures!

No comments: