Sunday, October 15, 2006

This Week In Pictures

OK, so here's a quick week-in-review (just the highlights). First of all, the picture of the guy to the left with the BIG forehead. Great day! I knew I was losing hair, but that is not how my forehead looks when I look in the mirror. Oh well. The is me and I am holding just a few of the chips I won in Saturday night's poker game with the guys. Just to clarify: 1) I did win ALL of the chips, 2) I was down to just $300 in chips, barely enough to cover little blind, and I came back to win ALL the chips, 3) yes, I had a number of lucky hands and 4) no, we do not play for money...just chips. I guess all I can say about my game-playing that night is that the greatness of my playing is only overshadowed by my humility in winning ALL the chips. (Sorry guys, but we all know it will be a long time before I win again, so I've got to enjoy it).

On Saturday, we were out running family errands and stopped by Academy Sports and Outdoors to look for some bike stuff. As we drove up, we noticed they were having their grand opening kick-off party thingy, so we enjoyed some good BBQ chicken and hot dogs as well as free t-shirts and hats. Here Amanda and I are showing off our free stuff.

Sully loves his blankey...so much so that he chews it up and eats it! All week long we have been looking for another blankey that will last him more than a few weeks. He loves to chew on the blanket and play tug-of-war, so while we are looking for a suitable replacement, we picked up this toy for him to pull on. Of course Boo did not want to be left out, so she had to try it out as well. Notice Boo is a bit more laid back than Sully...she cannot even stand up to pull.

Rain on Friday kept me from getting to go geocaching by myself, and it kept us from getting to go out as a family on Saturday. But, during the week, I did get to take a couple friends geocaching. I already posted about caching with Jason, and then on Thursday this week, Amanda I took Clay out to learn how to use his new GPS. Here is he finding his first cache, one that I hid, BINY In My Life - David Wilson.

No comments: