I am adding the title "Junior Electrician" to my job description. Yesterday, I found two problems and fixed the wiring on the church trailer. Today, I fixed the new lights on the Sunday School Building.
Tuesday evening, I helped (read: handed tools to) Ed Siverson put new motion sensor lights on the four corners of the Sunday School building. We wanted to test them when we were done, but they did not come on. We thought, perhaps, since they also had light sensors that we had to wait until dark for them to come on.
I'm a bit embarrassed to say so, but I forgot to check the lights Tuesday night to see if they came on. Even worse, when I did remember to check them on Wednesday night, they did not work. It seemed our security light wires had become a casualty of a 'wiring incident' we had a couple months ago.
After thinking about the problem all night and what had been done to the building to fix the wiring problems, I thought I knew where the problem might be. Now, I don't want to brag, but I figured this out on my own without any formal electrician's training. I thought it would be easiest to describe how I fixed the issue with a picture...so here it is:
And sure enough, the lights work now!