Sunday, July 15, 2007

We're Home

If you click on this picture and zoom in on the GPS, you will see we were in Arkansas when I took this picture. We were on our way home from Alabama and I thought I should take a picture of "Cindy" since she got us safely to North Carolina and back. Borrowing an idea from our Pastor's family, we named our GPS since "she" "talks" to us. We hit upon "Cindy" and the name stuck. Cindy is a Garmin iQue M3.


We were near Little Rock I think when I looked in the rear view mirror and saw this kid riding a wheelie down the highway going about 60 miles per hour. I saw him gaining on us, so I got the camera out. He got beside us and I saw he was going to do it again so I got ready and got this shot of him before he was gone. Pretty awesome power...pretty stupid kid! (Click on picture to see larger image)


We've been going pretty much non-stop since coming home. We were home 10 minutes when a friend showed up with our new furniture. The same family that gave us a washing machine when ours died (because they were moving and buying new stuff) gave us a new couch, recliner (Brooke has declared that is "hers alone"), a coffee table and two end tables. So 10 minutes after we got home, my friend helped me move our old furniture out to the garage and put the new furniture in the house. Here is a view coming into the living room from our kitchen. It gives us a whole new look..and we love it!

So we finished up moving the furniture around and unpacking around 9pm I guess. I went next door to church and got ready for my iGrow class today (I got to teach).

Got up this morning, got the computer set up for worship, got iGrow classroom ready, opened the service (my friend Brad preached a great message about Jesus going through life's storms with us), taught iGrow, went to second service, grabbed a bite for lunch, mowed a big field at church (sunburning my neck again in the process), cleaned up from working outside, put away all the junk I "unpacked" last night, unloaded 2 bookshelves, dusted and put everything back on them, cleaned desk, cleaned out big closet and did two loads of laundry this evening. Finished all of this around 9pm. Boy, I'm tired!

So tomorrow "real life" begins at work. Lots to catch up on and lots to do, but that's what you do so you can take a vacation. This time, it was worth it. I don't think I could put my finger on any one thing that made this vacation so great for me, but I had such a great time just being with my family. I love being a husband and a Daddy...and I loved the last 10 days we got to spend together getting away from our regular routine. It was a great time away, but it's good to be back (and see the puppies!). We're home.


Puppies in the car on the way home from "Boot Camp" at my Mom & Dad's while we were gone.

No comments: