Wednesday, January 03, 2007

How Many Church Administrators Does It Take?

I don' t know if you will think this story is as funny as I do, but I'll share it with you anyway. Sometimes it's good to laugh at yourself. This is a true story which I will tell via the e-mails I exchanged with an online friend.

First E-Mail I Received
Hi Guys!

I am creating a birthday calendar for myself. Can you please click on the link below and enter your birthday for me. Don't worry it is quick, and you don't have to enter your year of birth:-).

(link was here)

P.S. If you're married and I don't have a separate e-mail for both you and your spouse, please click on the link again and register your spouse's birthday too!

Thanks,
Jason

My First Reply
(remembering a local pastor named Jason I met in December and had lunch with, I wrote back)
LOL,

Hey Jason...gotta laugh. I thought it was nice but wondered why you sent me this e-mail. I see that you have my e-mail address listed under (lady's name here) on your list! Thought you might want to change that in your address book.

Hope you had a Merry Christmas and that you have a blessed new year.

Hey, are the peacocks still there?

Blessings,
Rob Hurt
Vine Fellowship

Second E-Mail I Received

HOW FUNNY IS THAT? I'm extremely embarrassed! If you only knew how completely anal I am about life in general.

Thanks for the heads up . . . I'll change that in my address book! However, don't be surprised if you receive a birthday E-Card from someone who is practically a stranger to you!

Thanks!
Jason ...
... Assembly of God

P.S. Your video was a hit at the Volunteer Appreciation Banquet that I spoke at. About 250 people in Russellville, Arkansas, now know about the Vine Fellowship and Rob Hurt! Thanks again!

My Second Reply
(at this point, I am totally embarrassed as I realize this is an administrative pastor I met online who found our volunteer appreciation video on YouTube and wanted to use it...it was not the local pastor I had met!)

Wow...who is more embarrassed? Did you wonder about the peacock comment? There is another Pastor Jason here in Arlington I met just before Christmas and I got the two of you mixed up! He had a couple wild peacocks show up on his church property and that is what I was asking about.

So let's see...you sent a birthday reminder invitation to me by mistake. One for you.

I filled out the birthday reminder invitation sent to me by mistake. And then I got you mixed up with another Pastor Jason! Two for me.

Oh well, what a funny way to start the new year!

Happy New Year,
Rob

Third E-Mail I Received
Too funny! And they trust the organization and administration of our churches to us? That's really scary, huh?

Well, I was wondering about that peacock comment. I thought maybe you knew something I didn't.

That's hilarious! Thanks again for the laugh!

No comments: