Sunday, January 15, 2023

Thankful for a Blessing - New Client

 Yesterday, I would not have labeled the day a "good day". On Friday, we found out we had to be out of the house by February 12th (one month) so we started out the day overwhelmed. Our trip to the camper dealership was stressful to say the least. While at dealership, I missed a call from my mentor, Joe Livingston. When I returned his call, he told me he had an investor calling at 2:15 pm who might be interested in my 825 Monticello Dr listing. He offered to put me on a conference call or come to his house. Brooke and I had so much to do that it seemed more convenient to do a conference call, but something told me it would probably be better to be there in person (plus I had to go by there anyway to pick up some moving boxes).

The offer may work out to be something good for my client on Monticello Dr and I'm definitely learning a lot about this investor-offer process. But this is where the blessing began. After our call with the investor, Joe and I talked out the offer, I asked questions and learned a lot. During this conversation, Joe had to take call which ended up being a family who stopped by his listing at 3409 Wintergreen. They did not have an agent but wanted to view the property. Joe asked if I wanted to go show it and said, "They do not have an agent." THAT is an opportunity too good to pass up, so I headed that way.

I showed the family the house and they really liked it. I told them if they wanted to make an offer, I could help them do that. Or, if they were looking for a new home, I could help them find one. They then asked, "Could you help us sell our current house, too." Could I!!!!! Before they left, I had them signed as a client.

So, in the midst of a day that seemed hard and had a lot of challenges, here is how I remembered this in my journaling this morning: "Thank You for the new client yesterday. YOU put me at the right place at the right time. You arranged for an investor to call at 2:15 pm. You encouraged me to go to Joe's in person for the call. You had this family show up at the Wintergreen house at just the right time. You arranged for Joe to ask me if I wanted to go. You arranged for me to meet a family who is ready to buy and sell and who needs a Realtor. You brought me a new client with the possibility for 2 transactions. Thank you, Jesus!"

No comments: