Sunday, June 14, 2009

Almost Forgot to Relax

It's been a busy week. We had VBS all week and that means my day off (Friday) is the busiest day of my week cleaning up after the event. (AWESOME week of VBS...115 kids, 6 decisions for Christ). Saturday was preparing for today (I got to preach today) and then today started out early getting everything ready for the iGrow class and the service. After church, went out to eat with my parents, I updated the church web page, took a short nap and paid bills. I finished all of this around 6pm and was trying to decide if I should mow my lawn or get a head start on my premarital counseling for this week. It's been a busy week and my mind was still in "go" gear.

Instead, I decided to take a couple hours and go for a motorcycle ride. I called a couple buddies, but nobody was home, so I headed out by myself. I headed south toward Venus an then veered off onto a random Country Road. I had the GPS with me so I would not get lost and I took one Country Road after the other heading south and west until I ended up in Alvarado. I came back home through Lillian, Rendon and Kennedale never getting onto a major highway. It turned out to be the absolutely perfect, relaxing motorcycle ride that I needed. 70 miles in 2.5 hours (with a stop over at Dairy Queen) on country roads.

I almost forgot to relax today...glad I didn't. Excellent way to end a busy week and prepare for the coming week.

No comments: