Friday, September 29, 2006

Media Say, "Clinton GOOD"

When President Clinton told Chris Wallace, "I worked hard to try to kill him {bin Laden}. I authorized a finding for the CIA to kill him. We contracted with people to kill him. I got closer to killing him than anybody has gotten since" I was more than a little surprised. I figured stuff like that happened in real life, but I also thought it "could not be done" in America. I was surprised to hear President Clinton admit to something like that.

To be honest, it does not bother me that our government would try to eliminate Usama bin Laden. But what does bother me is the hypocrisy of the media to let this one go. Where are all of the people who protested Bush over Abu Grab? And then, as Oliver North pointed out in this article, where are all the people who got so angry at Pat Robertson for suggesting that the US government ought to eliminate Hugo Chavez, Dictator of Venezuela (again, would not bother me)?

Now that Fox News has brought this up, we'll see if it gets any more press...but I'm not holding my breath.

- Rob

No comments: